This chocolate cake recipe for two is perfect for making torts, trifles and other desserts that call for thin layers of cakes. The proportion is perfect for two when you want a scaled-down, deluxe dessert. You can have a cake on your hands in as little as 20 minutes thanks to the simplified process.
Although I love this recipe for so many reasons, it’s not one I’d use to make cupcakes or desserts that I expect to stick around for a few days. It’s a little on the tough side becuase of the simplified mixing process — a fair trade considering how fast it whips up.
- Whip the butter and sugar together until it is light and fluffy. Next, add the egg, milk, and vanilla. Beat the egg, then combine everything together.
- Sift the flour, cocoa powder, baking powder, and salt into the same mixing bowl. Fold in the dry ingredients before you power on the beaters. Scrape the sides and bottom of the bowl to loosen any dry ingredients clinging to it.
- Beat for about two minutes.
- Spread the batter into your greased and floured pan. Make it as even as possible. Bake for 10-20 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted comes out clean.
Episodes where I demo this cake
49. Lobster in Sweetheart Sauce
60. Shrimp Skewers in Lemon Buerre Blanc