We love Valentine’s Day at Hot Kitchen.
A Valentine’s day experience is what we are trying to recreate with every episode. We’ve put out some very tasty recipes for the last two Valentine’s days, and this year will be no exception! Our last two Valentine’s feasts were “Seared Scallops with Almond Love Sauce” (episode #15) and “Lobster in Sweetheart Sauce w/Orange Buerre Blanc” (episode #49). Of course, each menu featured a dynamite dessert too.
This year we’re planning a surf and turf theme, with a very cute and yummy dessert. We’re going to keep it secret until we release the episode though 🙂
Meanwhile, here’s the amazing scallop recipe. It is included in our cookbook. We hope you enjoy this preview and invite you to pick up your own copy of “Date Night at Home:” (Links Below)
Scallops in Almond Love Sauce Recipe
Mise en Plas:
Almond Love Sauce:
- Saute almonds, parsnip, and onion together for 2 minutes on medium heat.
- Add the water to the pan, cover and simmer for 15-25 minutes to break down the almonds.
- Pour the almond soup into a blender. Add 1 Tbsp Grenadine. Allow it to cool down before
- Secure the lid on the blender with a towel or oven mitt. Hold it on there firmly while you begin
to pulse the blender.
- After 10 pulses, run the blender for about 45 seconds at a time, until the sauce is smooth and consistent in texture.
- Return the sauce to the saucepan, cover with a lid and hold until service.
- Rinse and trim the bottom 1/4 of the stocks from the Asparagus. Steam them for 5 minutes after seasoning them with salt and pepper.
- Cut the prosciutto in half, lengthwise. Roll the scallops in the prosciutto to wrap them. Secure with two criss-crossed toothpicks inserted through the scallop.
- Drop the butter in a nice, hot saute pan. The pan should be hot enough to brown the butter in about a minute. Gently set the scallops in the butter. Swirl the pan a to distribute the butter under the scallops for best color and texture.
- Sear the scallops for two-three minutes. Turn the gently after they have turned golden brown. Remove from the heat when they are fully cooked, 5-7 minutes total.
- Serve atop a pool of almond love sauce and with the asparagus gracing the side.